Thursday, September 3, 2015

Such Generous Friends at tonights Boy Scout Auction! #theRibListGives

I have 4 daughters, Princesses all. So we need some worthy young men for my Princesses. Boy Scouts teaches character and honor. I'm digging that! I was on the Board or the Calcasieu Area Council, Boy Scouts of America for a couple of terms, and loved it. I rolled off the board, but support the Auction every year, with Laundry Auction Items, and now, BBQ!

We at #theRibList donated a Ribs & Chicken (and Beans of wonderfulness) for 50 item for the Live Auction! I let the auctioneer know if it went for more than $1,000, I would do TWO of the parties.
Well, our friends were apparently generous and hungry for the best BBQ they can remember, and two of them brought the bidding up to $2,200 each!!!!  That's $4,400 for the local Scouting Organization!

Thank you to Mark and his company, and Leslie and Sam and the Bank!  You all rock!
What a great group of community leaders tonight, with over $50,000 raised for a great cause.
Life, as we say, is more fun on #theRibList
This is my neighbor, George. He's a BBQ nut! He was in the bidding almost to that apex. He knows he's going to get plenty of BBQ either way!
The center guy in this pic is our generous host, Mr. Rick. I'm proud to be friends with these fine men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment